print/cups-base web interface broken & unable to print

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Jun 6 11:36:17 UTC 2014

> Hmm. I can't see any attempts to print in that log file. Perhaps I could
> find it if you told me the name of the file you printed, or of the name of
> the program you printed from.

It was a simple text file in mousepad - it was probably unnamed
No matter though, same result with file named msci.gnumeric printed from
gnumeric table:
Printed to Virtual-pdf printer:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N9iVnHXT2T8fHn-SW2JmrC8DVeSt0uIDBnJN9F4EkDE/edit?usp=sharing
Printed to HP2100:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aO2wHr1S_tSO7GuHyvl9DSsVOUgiBUtW3e0-412Fia4/edit?usp=sharing

I recalled that the cups-pdf.conf file has separate settings, and I checked
those before printing. Unfortunately, does not log to the file specified
but populates cups/error_log.  Settings in cups/cups-pdf.conf
Out ${HOME}/Print
Spool /var/spool/cups-pdf
Grp daemon
Log /var/log/cups/cups-pdf