poudriere build failure

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at calorieking.com
Thu Jun 5 03:57:26 UTC 2014

On 04/06/14 13:36, Gregory Orange wrote:
> I've got poudriere building most of a set of ports with default
> settings, default jail, 8.4-RELEASE amd64 both host and target.
>
> However, it's failing on a couple at the fetch stage. For example,
> databases/db42, db42-4.2.52_5 fails to build devel/libtool.
> devel/libtool direct succeeds though!

It turns out that it was a problem with poudriere 3.0.4. I've upgraded
to 3.0.16 and the problem has gone.

Also of note is that I no longer get error messages like this one:
"tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open
'/packages/All/libtool-2.4.2_3.tbz'"
and built package files now appear where I thought they probably should,
in /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/

Thanks to the poudriere maintainers, for the relevant bug fixes!

Cheers,
Greg.