[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD bug tracking moves from GNATS to Bugzilla

Stephen Hurd shurd at sasktel.net
Tue Jun 3 20:32:40 UTC 2014

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Surely there may be valid and sometimes useful comments by people who
> aren't the original reporter, but for the common case that the bug
> evolves into a discussion between a developer and a reporter having a
> valid BIDIRECTIONAL communications channel up front helps a lot.

I would venture that docs bugs and certain classes of website bugs
rarely have communications.  For example:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/86522
https://bugs.freebsd.org/163733
https://bugs.freebsd.org/182551

Those bugs would simply not have been submitted if I had to create an
account first.

I strongly support anonymous bug reporting, but I'm not interested in a
protracted discussion on it.  The comitters can decide if they want
trivial bugs reported or not as they prefer.