graphics/inventor needs new maintainer

christian c47g at gmx.at
Tue Jun 3 15:20:51 UTC 2014

Hi @All!

Back in 2003 I ported Open Inventor to FreeBSD. Now, almost 11 years
later my spare time is rather limited. I've already stopped following
-current two years ago (I'm using 9.2 right now) and neither I have the
environment (no FreeBSD-current, no FreeBSD-10, no poudriere, ...) nor
the time to make/test staging support for that port so I think it's
better to quit ownership of it. I hope there's anybody out there who can
take care of it.

Since the project owner (whoever that is, see
http://http://oss.sgi.com/projects/inventor/) seems to no longer develop
Open Inventor, maintaining that port needs almost no time. Just adapting
it to the FreeBSD build environment (clang, pkgng, ...) is necessary.

Thanks,
Christian.