pkg 1.3.X changed behaviour with pkg -fR xxx

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:03:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM, Michael Gmelin <grembo at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > On 30 Jul 2014, at 08:58, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This is a bug can you open a ticket on github?
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Bapt
> >
> > Wouldn't the FreeBSD bugzilla be a better place?
>
> Pkg is developed using git and hosted on GitHub. Its issue tracker hooks
> into the repository quite nicely, so it actually makes a lot of sense to
> file it there.
>
> https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues/new

While I understand that, it is disturbing to see a very important part of
FreeBSD not using the FreeBSD bug tracking system. If I have a problem with
FreeBSD and want to see if there is a trouble report, I am not going to
look at github (or any external tracker). I'm going to look at the FreeBSD
Bugzilla and I feel it is improper to have an official FreeBSD project
recommending issues be sent to any external bug tracker in lieu of the
official one..

Simply put, I think it is a terrible idea and should be squashed
immediately.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com