Strange pkg_deinstall behaviour with pkgng

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed Jul 30 14:42:30 UTC 2014

On 07/29/14 20:41, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

>>   From what I can tell, there is no flags to "pkg delete" which makes it
>> act as it used to and as portupgrade expects, so I cannot easily fix it.
>>
> pkg delete -f is not recursive

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but:

pkg_delete -r = pkg delete -R

pkg_delete -f = pkg delete -f

pkg_delete = pkg delete (up to pkg 1.2) ; no equivalent in pkg 1.3 (and
this is what portugrade needs).

In other words, -f won't bring up the old behaviour where a package was
NOT deleted if other packages depended on it.

Again, please let me bring back my first example:
 >>> Port A depends on B
 >>> Port B depends on C
 >>> Port D depends on C

1) "pkg_delete A B C" or "pkg delete A B C" in pkg 1.2 would delete A
and B (but not C);
2) "pkg_delete -f A B C" or "pkg delete -f A B C" will delete A, B and
C, leaving D with a broken dependency;
3) "pkg_delete -r A B C" or "pkg delete -R A B C" or "pkg delete A B C"
in pkg 1.3 will delete A, B, C and D.

So in pkg 1.3 there is no way to achieve 1).

Again, I'd gladly be proved wrong.

  bye
	av.