Tor web browser

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 04:57:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Carlos Jacobo Puga Medina <cpm at fbsd.es>
wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:14:23 +0200
> Kurt Jaeger <lists at opsec.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >

> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/linux-tor-browser
> > >
> > > Thanks -- is this official ? Is this supposed to be added to the
> > > ports ?
> >
> > I learned that this is the official repository of the gecko@ team:
> >
> > https://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsTeams
> > https://wiki.freebsd.org/Gecko
> >
> > So, someone has to ask them if/when they will add the port ?
>
> If this port is very requested (it's true), yes, why not? Someone could
> try to convince them to merge it into the ports tree. Otherwise, they've a
> powerful reason to not merge it.
>

> > --
> > pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years
> to go !

Well, for one thing, at least one dependency seems unfetchable due to
security vulnerabilities. I don't know that this is the only issue, but it
kept me from building it.

I, too, would really love to see this. In theory security/tor should do the
trick, but for some time I have been unable to get it to work with privoxy
any more. But gecko@ is the place to ask. I am copying this to them.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com