Basic Question on Staging

horst leitenmueller horst.leitenmueller at liwest.at
Tue Jul 29 09:49:31 UTC 2014

Hi Kurt,

another question is the warning

===>   NOTICE:

This port is deprecated; you may wish to reconsider installing it:

Not staged. See http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-announce/2014-May/000080.html.

It is scheduled to be removed on or after 2014-08-31.

which is written on installation a problem when NO_STAGE=yes is set in /etc/make.conf?
causes this the Notice?

why i have this set? is easy because inside jails (setup with this guide http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-application.html)  staging is not working at all
also discussed here:  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-October/086895.html

i reread now 5 times https://wiki.freebsd.org/ports/StageDir and find no problem with the ports itself…
if yes would be cool to remove this message, and add a warning on start of port upgrade that the NO_STAGE is set

br horst