Merging several branches with ports tree

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sat Jul 26 04:08:41 UTC 2014

> Perhaps ports-mgmt/portshaker is a possible tool.
I like portshaker and I have tried it. For gnome3 / marcuscom it resulted in some strange ports errors so I was forced to revert back to the marcusmerge script.

Perhaps I could have a process where the scripts are chained.
1. portshaker -UM for ports tree only
2. marcusmerge for gnome3
3. rsync linux-c6 & my-pc
I'll look into this idea...

> With the line in make.conf there is no need to patch bsd.port.mk for
> own $CAT VALID_CATEGORIES+=foo bar
>
> Use .sinclude instead .include for own Makefile extensions, then
> there is no issue in case the file is missing.

I'm not sure I understand this - .sinclude should be specified where / in which file?

Regards.

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS