Any chances to reduce number of gcc ports/packages which are installed as BINARY PACKAGES dependencies?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 22 08:29:10 UTC 2014

Hello, Baptiste.
You wrote 22 июля 2014 г., 1:46:00:

>> There is good news, and there is bad news.  The bad news is that
>> print/pdftk actually relies on the Java functionality in the GCC ports
>> to build.  The good news is that it seems to be the only such port.
>>
>> Mathieu, is there a way you can help?  I'd be happy to turn off Java
>> by default (but leave it in).
>>
>> On top of these two, the really nice improvement is going to be when
>> we can support the creation of several packages out of one port -- at
>> that point we'd just break out a small gcc-runtime package.
BD> Won't it be possible to make gcj a slave port?
BD> That is said with no idea of gcc's internal way of building :)
 In my expirience, it was possible to build only "--language=java" in the
past, I don't know, is it still true for modern gcc.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>