Using WANT_PHP_WEB

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Fri Jul 18 15:05:55 UTC 2014

I’m trying to compile a port that sets WANT_PHP_WEB=yes.  The docs say this tells the ports system to compile either the PHP CGI or mod_php port.  My question is.. how does the ports system get directed to one or the other?  As the person compiling this port I’d like it to use mod_php, but it’s not getting built or included in the dependencies, and I can’t find any documentation about how to give it a hint.

Without a knob in place to direct this one way or the other, I’m not understanding why WANT_PHP_WEB exists .. why not just have the port maintainer set either _CGI or _MOD?