Updating ports that require cclang33 almost comes to a standstill!

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 16 22:11:17 UTC 2014

On 16 Jul 2014, at 11:21, Leslie Jensen <jensen.leslie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I'm experiencing a very slow build of clang33
>
> It seems that it's when building clang33/work/llvm-3.3 that is slows down.
>
> Using top I can see that my system is almost idle, 99,4, and cc1plus has two processes using WCPU at 1,80% and 0.10%

cc1plus is actually gcc's C++ compiler, so clang isn't to blame here. :)
Isn't there anything else going on, like linking (look for any 'ld'
processes)?  Or is the machine short on RAM (look at swap usage in top)?

-Dimitry