upgrading devel/p5-subversion fails

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 21:51:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Herbert J. Skuhra <hskuhra at eumx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 22:42:38 +0200
> Serpent7776 wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to upgrade p5-subversion, but I got error
> >
> > sed: /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.la: No such file or directory
> > libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.la' is not a valid libtool
> archive
> > *** [subversion/bindings/swig/perl/libsvn_swig_perl/
> libsvn_swig_perl-1.la]
> > Error code 1 1 error
> > ===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
> > Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure
> > the maintainer.
> > *** [do-build] Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/devel/p5-subversion.
> >
> > Full output of portmaster p5-subversion available here:
> > http://pastie.org/private/ysbvkwqnppzqvangdqmew
> >
> > File /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.la does not exists.
> > I tried rebuilding sqlite3 and deleting p5-subversion before
> reinstalling, but
> > this does not work.
> >
> > My system is
> > # uname -a
> > FreeBSD DaemON.home 9.2-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p10 #0: Tue Jul
>  8
> > 10:48:24 UTC 2014
> > root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> Have you tried to rebuild subversion before upgrading p5-subversion?
> Have you tried to run 'portmaster -r sqlite3'?
> Make sure that your portstree is up-to-date.

Looks like databases/sqlite3/Makefile has "USES= pathfix libtool". By
default that will not install ".la" files. Normally they are only needed
during the build of the port, but it looks like libsqlite3.la is an
exception.

Try editing the Makefile to:
USES= pathfix libtool:keepla
and see if that fixes the problem.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com