Boost 1.55.0 (Was: Re: PowerPC Packages)

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 14 14:44:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 03:59:49PM +0000, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 05:44:16PM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > As long as cc is supported upstream, boost being a nightmare to maintain I
> > will reject all patches that are not accepted upstream first, otherwise
> > bumping to 1.56 will be painful.
>
> I'm currently trying to build it on PowerPC without any patches to the Boost
> itself (only patching boost-all/compiled.mk).  I'll follow up as soon as I
> get any results.

It seems that disabling Boost.Log is enough to allow Boost to build with a
system compiler on PowerPC (gcc4.2).  I've used attached patch.  Not sure
how many ports actually need Boost.Log though, but I definitely like that
my stable/8 also can be kept gcc47/clang-free now. ;-)

./danfe