devel/gmake-lite: fails on CURRENT r 268535 to build: @itemx must follow @item

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 14 06:52:03 UTC 2014

Am Sun, 13 Jul 2014 22:16:39 -0500
Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 7/11/2014 7:19 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:53:10PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >>
> >> On FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #2 r268535: Fri Jul 11 22:09:39 CEST 2014 amd64 the port
> >> devel/gmake-lite fails to build with the following error, shown below. The port is
> >> prerequisite and needed for lang/gcc4[89] which has been updated recently.
> >>
> >> The box failing has recently been "cleaned up" via make delete-old-libs in /usr/src.
> >> Is there anything I can do or fix?
> >>
> >> Please CC me.
> >>
> >> oh
> >
> > Can you provide the config.log that goes with the failure?
> >
> > because I'm not able to reproduce for now with the same env. as you describe.
> >
> > regards,
> > Bapt
> >

> Check on package23, it just happened there.

I fugured out that my systems are "polluted" by orphaned libraries and binaries. I guess
pkg and/or portmaster's pkg-distfiles isn't always working properly or it is due to the
fact my system's OS is a moving objekct, always sliding from one CURRENT to the next.

So, this said, I removed a bunch of really outdated binaries (find -ctime +100w). After
this done, the port has been installed correctly.

At the very moment I run sysutils/libchk and it reports a lot of strange things.

Is there a way to clean-up those lost and unnecessary libraries, binaries and other files
or remnants in general without installing the system from scratch? Deleting all ports and
installing them again is no option, the box in question is a little bit outdated and slow
and is needed (i can not wait 72 hours to finish ~1300 ports).

Thanks for looking into this.

Kind regards,
Oliver