FreeBSD Port: nut-2.7.2_2

antispam007 at mac.com antispam007 at mac.com
Tue Jul 8 09:58:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just had some difficulties to update from NUT 2.6.5 to the actual release and wanted to share with you what I changed:

the blazer_usb driver that i use need a PIDPATH and a STATEPATH. both are on /var/db/nut as a standard. In my mind that is the wrong directory and should be /var/run/nut ( the statepath is a point of discussion and might go to a separate /var/state, but in /var/run I believe it is better than in a database directory ). BTW: A simple ups.conf entry has not helped as the PIDPath is hard coded during compilation.
There are some missing options in the standard "make config" screen:
SSL - is as default enabled - but I don't needed it and wanted not to open another backdoor - with all the current OpenSSL trouble
AVAHI -  the Zeroconfig setup is not available - standard is not build
IPMI - same like AVAHI
nut-scanner - not available
DEVD - a special for BSD to build the right devices. Could be also helpful
The documentation is only available when I have also installed the SERIAL devices. When I only use USB devices the man pages are missing. maybe you want to add a "documentation"  option as a separate option. it is also available through normal ./configure

I have seen yesterday that you updated the rc.d files - Thank you !

cheers MFJ