Ports that don't actually support Python 3.x

Melvyn Sopacua melvyn at magemana.nl
Sun Jul 6 19:56:16 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm coming accross a few ports that are in the tree as we speak, that do
not actually install correctly with Python 3.x but aren't marked as 2.7
only.

There seems to be 2 cases:
1. incompatibility in setup.py or related, thus failing in configure
2. incompatibility in the code itself, thus failing in byte_compile

The ones in 2 fail with PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST in install, because the
files cannot be compiled and thus are missing when using the plist.

I've got a few in PRs, few in the queue to become PR's, but perhaps a
broader effort is needed? I'm willing to help, if an exp-run or
something similar would generate a list.

PS: A common error is: `except Exception, var:`. This can probably be
fixed with a REINPLACE_CMD that can be standardized, but so far,
bringing the port up-to-date with upstream fixes the problem (notable
exception being www/py-beautifulsoup32).

--
Melvyn