upgrade to security/libgcrypt, shared lib bump, what needs to be done ?

Kurt Jaeger pi at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 6 19:27:25 UTC 2014

Hi!

> On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 20:52:03 +0200 Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 19:48:59 +0200 Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> >> I prepared a new diff, see
> >>
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~pi/misc/libgcrypt.svndiff-v2
> >>
> >> Can you have a look at it, before I mess up the whole tree 8-} ?
> >
> > net/samba4/Makefile: PORTREVISION messed up
> > net/samba41/Makefile: PORTREVISION messed up

Ah, thanks, fixed.

> > security/libgcrypt/Makefile: Keep post-patch silent maybe?

If possible, I would like to keep those post-patch changes in the open.

> > Looks good otherwise, so go ahead and commit
>
> There's no major incompatibility with the old version of libgcrypt right?

In the 1.6.0 release notes at

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gcrypt-devel/2013-December/002775.html

there is a list of changed APIs. Some of them are removed.
Which might cause issues.

> Have you tried to compile some of the ports that depend on libgcrypt
> to see if nothing breaks?

No, due to number of ports involved (104), list at

http://people.freebsd.org/~pi/misc/libgcrypt-related-ports

For this we probably need some exp-run ?

If one considers this a security-related change, and probably needs
testing on functionality as well, I think that "commit and fix those few
that break" looks like a possible short-cut 8-}

--
pi at FreeBSD.org         +49 171 3101372                          6 years to go !