upgrade to security/libgcrypt, shared lib bump, what needs to be done ?

Kurt Jaeger pi at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 6 17:49:05 UTC 2014

Hi!

> > It needs USES=libtool, but does it *need* libtool:oldver or libtool:keepla ?
> > Do I need to bump PORTREVISION on the dependencies ?
[...]
> You can deal with the amd64 versus x86_64 problem by adding this to the
> Makefile:
>
> CONFIGURE_TARGET=${ARCH:S/amd64/x86_64/}-portbld-${OPSYS:tl}${OSREL}

Ok, changed it.

> :oldver is meant to keep the library version the same in case that's
> more convenient.  Because the update already modifies the library version
> it makes no sense to use it.  You can add USES=libtool:keepla to the
> Makefile, rebuild the port and then check with "make check-plist" what
> the effects on pkg-plist are.  It looks like you'll have to add
> lib/libgcrypt.so.20.0.1

Done that.

> Then you'll have to bump PORTREVISION on ports that depend on libgcrypt.
> There are a lot more than the ones you listed.  You could take the union
> of these two lists:
>
> cd /usr/ports
> grep -Rl '{PORTSDIR}/security/libgcrypt' *
> pkg rquery '%o %B' | grep libgcrypt.so | sort
>
> To actually bump ports you can use one of the scripts in Tools/scripts
> like bump-revision.sh.

I prepared a new diff, see

http://people.freebsd.org/~pi/misc/libgcrypt.svndiff-v2

Can you have a look at it, before I mess up the whole tree 8-} ?

Thanks!

--
pi at FreeBSD.org         +49 171 3101372                          6 years to go !