Porters Handbook update

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 16:47:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Frederic Culot <culot at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Beloved porters,
>
> following some discussions related to the rights and duties of ports
> maintainers it became obvious that our handbook was not specific enough
> on the matter. Hence an update was committed that aims at clarifying
> the notion of maintainership and all porters are invited to peruse the
> changes:
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-maintainer.html
>
> And of course, a big thanks to all of you who dedicate their time to
> maintain our ports!
>

> Frederic, with portmgr-secretary hat on

"excluding major public holidays" to what segment of the public? I see
maintainers from countries all over the world. I m sure that there are
maintainers from followers of every significant religion and many others. I
am unaware of any major public holidays that are celebrated in all of them.
I don't know of any holiday celebrated in all nations and cultures. This
look to be a rather useless clause in practice.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com