Libreoffice 4.5.2 crashes opening an ODF file

José García Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:02:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have installed the last libreoffice version available from pkg
repository, but I have found two serious issues:

1- If you try to open an ODF format file (.odt extension) libreoffice
segfaults, and syslogs shows:

Jul  3 08:50:06 <hostnam> kernel: pid 2007 (soffice.bin), uid 1001:
exited on signal 11

Whenever, you can work with other formats as FODT, DOCX, etc with no issue.

2- If you create a ODF document from scratch and save it, libreoffice
raises an annoying error "Error saving the document: General Error",
although the file is well  created and you can open it with other
libreoffice (from windows, for example). At previously, you can save
in other format as FODT, etc.

I have remove my profile ($HOME/.config/libreoffice) but does not fix the issue.

Anyone else is suffering this issues?

Regards