Future of (upstream unmaintained) sysutils/autopsy port

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Thu Jul 3 02:15:45 UTC 2014

On 2 July 2014 17:39, Dylan Leigh <fbsd at dylanleigh.net> wrote:
> Is there any policy on keeping ports where upstream is not
> maintained and the software itself is depreciated (except to
> open and export old files)? Do we still want to keep such a port
> in the active tree?

It is fine to maintain unchanged upstream ports provided they have an
active downstream maintainer.  The only concern is patches:  the ports
tree must not become a repo by which the upstream port is continued to
be developed. If you just want to make sure that the port remains
"available" this is perfectly fine.

--
Eitan Adler