archivers/rpm build problem

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 2 06:25:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 08:30:08AM -0400, Gary Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had a problem with archivers/rpm since the last update.  It refuses
> to build saying
>
> ===>  Building for rpm-3.0.6_17
> cd . && aclocal
> aclocal: macro `_LT_DECL_SED' required but not defined
> aclocal: macro `_LT_FUNC_STRIPNAME_CNF' required but not defined
> aclocal: macro `gl_ICONV_H_DEFAULTS' required but not defined
> gmake: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
> ===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
>
> I've included a build log below.  Any ideas?
>
> Please keep me on CC as I do not believe I am subscribed to freebsd-ports
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

I can confirm the problem and will see if I can fix, I was wondering why do you
or other people use rpm for? I am planning to remove archivers/rpm and
recommanding using archivers/rpm4 instead, so I need to need any corner case
where rpm4 cannot do rpm3 job.

btw the linux ports now directly use plain bsdtar :)

regards,
Bapt