ports/math/hexcalc restored from 8.2 now runs on 9.1 & 9.2 & 10.0

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Thu Jan 30 15:10:20 UTC 2014

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= wrote:
> 2014-01-30 Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com>:
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi ports@
> >> I changed Subject:
> >>   Re: How to find removed ports in general & math/hexcalc in particular.
> >>  To:
> >>   ports/math/hexcalc restored from 8.2 now runs on 9.1 & 9.2 & 10.0
> >>
> >> + cc'd FYI Maintainer of x11/xcalc (a scientific not hexadecimal
> >> calculator)

> >> public distfiles

> Can you fix the filename to just have one dot and preferably a version number?
> >>
> >> I have restored ports/math/hexcalc from 8.2; it now runs on 9.1 & 9.2 &
> >> 10.0
> >>
> >> http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/ports/gen/math/hexcalc/
> >>
> >> Anyone know what to fix for 10.0 Mk/ ?  After installing it bleats:
> >>   ===>   Registering installation for hexcalc-1.11_2
> >>   pkg-static:
> >> lstat(/usr1/release/10.0-RELEASE/ports/math/hexcalc/work/stage/usr/local/bin/hexcalc):
> >> No such file or directory
> >>   pkg-static:
> >> lstat(/usr1/release/10.0-RELEASE/ports/math/hexcalc/work/stage/usr/local/man/man1/hexcalc.1.gz):
> >> No such file or directory
> >
> > Quick workaround is to turn off staging for the port.  It needs fixing, but
> > that will let it build immediately. Add the following to the Makefile:
> > NO_STAGE=      yes
>
> You cannot anymore, since this is now forbidden by a SVN hook.
>
> The proper way (just having a quick look) is to install into
> ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin and ${STAGEDIR}${MANPREFIX}/man/man1
> (although you might have to replace MANPREFIX with just PREFIX, not sure)
>
> René

Thanks Kevin & Rene'
I added ${STAGEDIR}, & tested, MANPREFIX = PREFIX so I left MANPREFIX.

http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/ports/gen/math/hexcalc/All.tgz

Is ready for download & use. Could 1 or 2 people please try, & post
eg "Works for me", I guess that will be sufficient to commit it,
as it's the same distfile FreeBSD ports/ used before, that went
missing, & was found again.

All.tgz was made by
	tar zcf /tmp/All.tgz . ; mv /tmp/All.tgz .
so you have a single 28K file to encourage download & test,
its contents even include the distfile:
	hexcalc.tar.Z
	Makefile
	distinfo
	files/
	files/patch-a
	pkg-descr

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Interleave replies below like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".