What is the problem with ports PR reaction delays?

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 27 05:40:30 UTC 2014

On 1/26/14 9:02 PM, Aryeh Friedman wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Alfred Perlstein <alfred at freebsd.org
> <mailto:alfred at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     When your toy has a huge community that fulfills the requirements
>     that I have I'll check it out.  When switching to Aegis gets
>     FreeBSD the same benefits of the github community and "millions of
>     code monkeys" I'll be cheering for it.
>

> If having a million "code monkeys" is the mark of a good system, does
> this mean you regard healthcare.gov <http://healthcare.gov> as a
> supreme master piece of software engineering?  After all it has 500
> million lines from god knows how many contributors... therefore it
> must be better?

I'm not sure, I'm going to go load up healthcare.gov to see if I can
order myself some free aspirin after this "discussion".

I skimmed the rest of your message and nothing really stuck out as
something worth perusing.  I guess I have to say is that I hope you
enjoy Agis so much that you and the 10 other people using it are able to
proselytize it to the success that git and github have had. You
certainly seem passionate about it!

-Alfred