What is the problem with ports PR reaction delays?

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 25 18:41:24 UTC 2014

On 1/25/14 10:32 AM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:27:21AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>>> I encourage you to give a shot at what you are suggesting. git-svn is broken for
>>> committers as long as it doesn't properly handle properties.
>> Or maybe our requirement for props is broken?
>>
>> Is $FreeBSD$ *that* important?
>>
>> -Alfred
> There is not only $Freebsd$ but also other props.

mergeinfo?

I'm wondering because there's huge projects out there not tied down to
svn.  It seems to be a problem of our own invention.

Having managed the FreeNAS project for a year and exclusively using git
we found ZERO use for any svn props.  We just used git and put all the
cruft behind us.

And we were glad for it!

-Alfred