USE_GCC doesn't set rpath

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Jan 23 20:36:45 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 11:56, John Marino wrote:
> While I basically agree with this sentiment, is not it just ports that
> use C++ that are affected?  Could not this be narrowed down to "We need
> a single compiler for ports that use C++" ?

It's not necessarily just C++. Python ports bound to C++ libraries with
USE_GCC would create even more grave problem. It will be needed to
create a special version of python with this rpath in it. And if there
is a mix of different versions of gcc in various dependencies it would
be just impossible to run such program due to conflicts.

Yuri