How to determine type of system compiler in port?

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Tue Jan 21 23:36:12 UTC 2014

On 22/01/2014 09:15, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Ports.
>
>   I want to turn off some clang-specific warnings via CFLAGS, as I'm not
> able to patch all places when "dirty" (but valid!) code is used and upstream
> software uses "-Werror"...
>
>   I could not find any mentions of "clang" in bsd.port.mk and COMPILER_TYPE
>  is not defined for ports.
>
>    Yes, I understand, that it is better to report these errors
>  upstream, and, in fact, these warnings were fixed in latest version but I
>  need to port previous one!

Add USES=compiler to the Makefile which should then define
COMPILER_TYPE after the inclusion of bsd.port.pre.mk

See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/appendices.html