How to use ${WRKDIR}, ${PREFIX} and other variables in target names?

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Sun Jan 19 12:14:26 UTC 2014

On 1/19/2014 12:54, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, John.
> You wrote 19 января 2014 г., 14:23:11:
>
> JM> Many ports carry a BSD makefile in the files subdirectory, install that
> JM> and that makefile does all the internal building.
>  Problem is, I want to use a lot f variables defined by our port system --
>  commands (like ${RM} and ${TOUCH}), environments (like ${MAKE_ENV} and
>  ${CONFIGURE_ENV}) and passing all of them to sub-make looks very
>  cumbersome, especially ${*_ENV} variables.

MAKE_ENV is passed by default if the standard build target is used (and
it should be).  There should be a variable to define to indicate which
makefile to use if yours won't be in standard location.

I don't know what to do about RM and TOUCH unless you want to use
"MAKE_ENV+= RM=${RM} TOUCH=${TOUCH}" which is valid.

John