security/libssh does not install ssh_threads

Peter Klett peter at netkey.at
Mon Jan 13 22:36:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm currently trying to compile the nogui version of net-p2p/retroshare
which
has a dependency to libssh-0.5.4. In its Makefile it includes -lssh and
-lssh_threads
but the later is not build / installed by libssh.

I haven't been able to figure out why it does not build and install the
threaded version,
nor could i find anything related on the internet.

Can someone give me a hint / knows more?

The error is obviously
# /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssh_threads

and the whole line is
# c++ -Wl,-O1 -pthread -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib/qt4 -o retroshare-nogui
notifytxt.o  retroshare.o  rssshd.o  menu.o  menus.o  stdiocomms.o
rpc.o  rpcserver.o  rpcsetup.o  rpcecho.o  rpcprotopeers.o
rpcprotosystem.o  rpcprotochat.o  rpcprotosearch.o  rpcprotofiles.o
rpcprotostream.o  rpcprotoutils.o  core.pb.o  peers.pb.o  system.pb.o
chat.pb.o  search.pb.o  files.pb.o  stream.pb.o    -L/usr/local/lib/qt4
-L/usr/local/lib ../../libretroshare/src/lib/libretroshare.a
../../openpgpsdk/src/lib/libops.a -lbz2 -lssl -lcrypto -lgpgme -lupnp
-lgnome-keyring -rdynamic ../../libbitdht/src/lib/libbitdht.a -lssh
-lssh_threads -lprotobuf -lpthread

There is no libssh_threads.so in /usr/local/lib and the plist of the
security/libssh port does not know
any threaded version.

Am I missing here something?

Peter