since 10.0rc5 - pkg: Unable to find catalogs

Sebastian Jäschke jtkoerting at mac.com
Sun Jan 12 13:03:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm working with the RCs from 10.0 since rc2 and had no problems until now. The rc5 is the first showing this problems:

root at freebsd100:/ # pkg install nano
Updating repository catalogue
digests.txz                                                                                                                                                                100% 1043KB   1.0MB/s   1.0MB/s   00:00
packagesite.txz                                                                                                                                                            100% 4801KB   4.7MB/s   4.4MB/s   00:01
Incremental update completed, 22311 packages processed:
0 packages updated, 0 removed and 22311 added.
pkg: Unable to find catalogs

root at freebsd100:/ # uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd100.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10.0-RC5 FreeBSD 10.0-RC5 #0 r260430: Wed Jan  8 05:10:04 UTC 2014     root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
root at freebsd100:/ # pkg -v
1.2.4_1
root at freebsd100:/ # pkg audit -F
Vulnxml file up-to-date.
0 problem(s) in the installed packages found.
root at freebsd100:/ #

The only difference in my env since rc4 is, that I'm using a gmirror vm on this host instead of a single drive vm before.

Sebastian