FreeBSD 10.0-RC4 AMD64 binutils / arm-eabi-binutils locales conflict

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Sun Jan 5 14:18:17 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-stable-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> CeDeROM <cederom at tlen.pl> writes:
>
>> There still is a conflict of binutils and arm-eabi-binutils in binary
>> packages / ports - they install locale files into same destination.
>> This blocks ARM development and/or other tools that depends on
>> binutils. Please note that binutils are also dependency of various
>> other packages (i.e. openjdk).
>
> I'd have to check what I did at work, but I think I just used a
> different  PREFIX to install to a different place. My cross-compile
> build system needs the tools specified in environment variables
> anyway, so I don't even need to adjust my path.

The problem is with the package installation, binaries are installed
correctly, only some localization files are blocking and makes
binutils/arm-eabi-binutils exclusive.. Otherwise build works fine with
no environmental variables/changes :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek