Can't figure out github syntax

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Fri Feb 28 18:44:47 UTC 2014

I'm working on a new port that's fetched from github.

This works:

MASTER_SITES=
https://github.com/collectiveintel/cif-v1/releases/download/v1.0.2-FINAL/
DISTNAME=       libcif-v1.0.2-FINAL

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert that to the more
normal USE_GITHUB syntax.

Is there a doc on the GITHUB syntax that explains it for dummies?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst