Support for pkg_*

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Wed Feb 26 00:14:02 UTC 2014

On 26/02/2014 3:46 AM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 07:42:59PM +1100, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
>> Has support for the pkg_* suite of tools gone away?  After performing an
>> svn update of my ports tree last night; both openssl and monit failed to
>> build packages, due to missing man pages
>>
>> openssl failed, as follows
>> Creating bzip'd tar ball in
>> '/var/ports/usr/ports/security/openssl/work/openssl-1.0.1_9.tbz'
>> tar: man/man1/CA.pl.1.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
>> tar: man/man1/asn1parse.1.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
>> tar: man/man7/des_modes.7.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
>> tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
>> pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
>> *** [do-package] Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssl.
>>

>> So I reverted /usr/ports/security/openssl to 340722, but now
>>

>> monit also stops with
>>
>> ===>  Building package for monit-5.7
>> tar: man/man1/monit.1.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
>> tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
>> pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
>> Creating package /var/ports/usr/ports/sysutils/monit/work/monit-5.7.tbz
>> Registering depends:.
>> Creating bzip'd tar ball in
>> '/var/ports/usr/ports/sysutils/monit/work/monit-5.7.tbz'
>> *** [do-package] Error code 1
>>
> What options do you have for both prots?
>
> regards,
> Bapt

Of course, I should've checked
make __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null
before sending, but nothing had changed between yesterday and 13 days
ago when the last build-set completed. An oversight.

After doing the above and working through the make.conf and ports.conf
files, the issue is that I use
PREFIX=/usr
for many ports that provide a common service to various jails.  Both
openssl and monit, along with 19 other ports use this PREFIX.  With
everything else fixed, setting PREFIX=/usr/local builds the package,
while changing the PREFIX doesn't.

For monit the settings in ports.conf are:
PREFIX=/usr | monit_SET=SSL
& for openssl
 PREFIX=/usr  | UNSET=I386 RC5 | openssl_SET=SSE2 ASM MD2
OPENSSL_COMPRESSION PADLOCK EC

others port related being:
PACKAGES=/packages
STAGEDIR=/usr/staging
FAVORITE_COMPILER=gcc
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=perl5=5.16 python=2.7 python2=2.7 apache=22
WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes

Further details in the PR  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=187076

Its a reflection of tiredness and frustration that I didn't include the
9.2 Stable version details, which I've frequently asked other "listers",
offline to provide.
Regards, Dewayne.