multimedia/tvheadend fails under FreeBSD 9.2-stable

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 21:28:59 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at> wrote:

> Am 15.02.2014 12:13 schrieb "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <tingox at gmail.com>:
>

>> includes, so let me ask this way:
>> - will / should DVB-C devices (via webcamd) work even without libav?
>> - will CSA / cwc work even without libav?
>
> Yes, both should work. It uses libdvbcsa for that.
>
> What you loose is transcoding and streaming via the webinterface.

Thanks.
I'm not having much luck with the ports (as described on the
freebsd-multimedia mailinglist).
I notice that the latest stable tvheadend is 3.4.27, which includes
"DVB service discovery bugs fixed".
But I'm guessing (based on the ports Makefile, and that you host the
distfile) that it will take a bit more than updating the version
number in the Makefile and doing 'make makesum' to upgrade the port?

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen