portmaster, pkg, virtualbox-ose

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Tue Feb 25 18:15:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm installing a new system (laptop) using 10.0R and pkgng.

freshports.org says virtualbox-ose can be installed with pkg but
# pkg install virtualbox-ose
says no package in the repository.

Ok so try
# portmaster emulators/virtualbox-ose
install all the dependencies with pkg then let it build and it's looking
good. But I had to turn off the computer before it finished. I
terminated the job with Ctrl-C and portmaster told me:

===>>> Build/Install for emulators/virtualbox-ose exiting due to signal
===>>> Killing background jobs
Terminated

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
        portmaster <flags> emulators/virtualbox-ose

===>>> Exiting

But restarting with
# portmaster emulators/virtualbox-ose
starts by cleaning for virtualbox then starts again. Have I
misunderstood something? I checked the work directory before and after
the cleaning step and nearly everything was deleted.

It's building now and I think it has time to finish so there isn't an
immediate problem but I would like to find answers to the above.

thanks

Chris