Support for pkg_*

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Tue Feb 25 14:11:54 UTC 2014

Dewayne Geraghty wrote:

> Has support for the pkg_* suite of tools gone away?

As someone already stated, the pkg_* tools are no longer in FreeBSD 10,
but they are still available (and default) on 9.2-RELEASE and earlier.

> tar: man/man1/CA.pl.1.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
> tar: man/man1/asn1parse.1.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
> tar: man/man7/des_modes.7.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

Please forgive me the pavlov reaction that I get from "Cannot stat: bla
bla bla", but that actually smells more like a staging issue to me. Have
you tried adding

NO_STAGE=yes

to the port's Makefile and trying again?

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.