USE_GCC doesn't set rpath

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Feb 23 23:14:25 UTC 2014

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
> But, from my point of view, the problem is not a compiler nor rpath.
> rpath is unneeded indeed, and library indeed may be only one (under
> /lib).  The real problem is that this is ancient library, not the most
> recent one.
> They are especially designed to be backward compatible and have the
> same so-number for a reason.

Yes!

And in a world hopefully not too far away at one point we'll just
have a gcc-runtime port that comes from the _newest_ stable version
of GCC in the ports tree and is used by all other versions.

(In my day job, we have been doing this for years.  Once we have
several binary packages from one port, that ought to be relatively
straightforward.)

Gerald