Unable to build kfelibs (not docbook)

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 06:31:10 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Well, I have gotten docbook updated. I now have five docbook ports and
> > docbook-utils builds correctly. But I still can't build kdelibs. It now
> > configures fine, but:
> > Scanning dependencies of target docbookl10nhelper
> > [  9%] Built target threadweaver
> > [  9%] Building CXX object
> > kdoctools/CMakeFiles/docbookl10nhelper.dir/docbookl10nhelper_automoc.o
> > Linking CXX executable ../bin/docbookl10nhelper
> > [  9%] Generating opcodes.h, opcodes.cpp, machine.cpp
> >  /usr/local/lib/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by
> > /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/.build/bin/icemaker not found
> > --- kjs/opcodes.h ---
> > *** [kjs/opcodes.h] Error code 1
> >
> > make[4]: stopped in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/.build
> > 1 error
> >
> > Any ideas? FreeBSD 10-Stable from last week. Only WITH_NEWXORG and
> WITH_KMS
> > in make.conf. I don't have any idea where GLIBCXX_3.4.11 would come from.
> > my libstdc++ is from compat9x.
>
> The problem most likely is caused by icemaker finding libstdc++.so.6
> in /usr/local/lib/compat/.
>
> Do you also have a libstdc++.so* in /usr/local/lib?
>
> You might want to try removing /usr/local/lib/compat from your library
> path, and then rebuild kdelibs4.
>
> Duh! I was staring right at it!

I re-built all ports after upgrading from 9.2 to 10.0-BETA and other things
linked to libs in compat9x including phonon, so I was doomed as long as
compat9x was present. I deleted all three ports dependent on compat9x,
deleted it  and re-built them. Now kdelibs gets further, but still fails,
segfaulting in: Generating index.cache.bz2.

I have three(?) core files in doc/kioslave/data, doc/kioslave/file, and
doc/kioslave/ftp, but I am not sure how I can use these files to debug. gdb
says that it does not recognize the format of the core file.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com