Dovecot

Andrei Brezan andrei693 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:45:53 UTC 2014

On 02/18/14 18:54, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> Andrei Brezan:
>> You can check /var/db/ports/postfix/options to see what options you
>> have for postfix. I think it's easier if you can tell us the output
>> of "uname -a" plus the exact command you try when you get this error.
>> I'm not sure what you want to achieve, I only see that something
>> wants to pull dovecot2 while you have dovecot-1 installed.
>
> Just checked my /var/db/ports/mail_postfix/options:
>
> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DOVECOT
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=DOVECOT2
>
> So perhaps that would be the problem (having dovecot2 set instead of
> dovecot?)
>
> Best regards,
> Jos

Yes, most likely postfix is trying to install dovecot2. I still don't
know what command are you issuing when you get this error.

There are several scenarios, do you have a running mail server with
postfix/dovecot? If yes changing to dovecot2 will involve some
configuration changes as things have changed in dovecot2. You can switch
the config setting back to dovecot with "make config" in
/usr/ports/mail/postfix if you don't want to move to dovecot2 yet.

Regards,
Andrei