Is it September already? (package tools out of date?)

Chad J. Milios milios at ccsys.com
Wed Feb 19 00:09:36 UTC 2014

On 2/18/2014 6:18 PM, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 18.02.2014 21:15, schrieb Chad J. Milios:
>> I am having a problem packaging docbook-xml450-4.5_3 and I imagine there
>> will be others. I ran through my entire build system two days ago and
>> know docbook-xml450-4.5 did not have this problem. Is there a workaround
>> I should be doing or a way we can maintain compatibility with
>> 9.2-RELEASE-p3 systems?
> Chad,
>
> sorry for the trouble.
>
> Mathieu Arnold has fixed this a few minutes before I've sent this
> message, so if you upgrade the ports tree, the docbook packages should
> build for you again.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to report this.
>
> Cheers
> Matthias
Ahh, many many thanks to you both! So it was just a glitch? Thank
goodness I saw that message and felt like an old man already being put
out to pasture!

And I can report... GREAT SUCCESS after the ports tree update everything
previously mentioned worked flawlessly for me.

Much gratitude goes out to everyone working on all the great
modernizations being integrated, tested and coming down the pipeline.
FreeBSD has always been and still is AMAZINGLY stable and solid in light
of its rapid pace of innovation.

-Chad