Redport builds are all "finished" without logs

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:23:07 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at>wrote:

> Am 15.02.2014 21:07 schrieb "John W. O'Brien" <john at saltant.com>:

> an

> > > Continuing to troubleshoot this. I've been adding ports to TEST_DEPENDS
> > > one by one, and found an instance where the /before/ [1] works but the
> > > /after/ [2] does not.
> > >
> > > The implicated port is math/py-statsmodels (maintainer CC'd).
> > >
> > > I'm still not clear on the circumstances under which Redports winds up
> > > in the "finished" state, and consequently am unable to avoid it or work
> > > around it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > [1] https://redports.org/buildarchive/20140215154500-1493/
> > > [2] https://redports.org/buildarchive/20140215163200-621/
> >
> > I see the problem. math/py-statsmodels depends on math/py-pandas. So the
> > bad news is that I cannot include the former in TEST_DEPENDS for the
> > latter and expect much at all from Redports. The good news is that I can
> > now fix my port to be more readily testable.
> >
> > For the benefit of those who come after, would it make sense to augment
> > the description of the "finished" state [3] to mention the possibility
> > of circular dependencies, which don't appear to be covered by the other
> > detectable termination conditions?
> >
> > Regards,
> > John
> >
> > [3] https://redports.org/wiki/Buildstatus
>
> I've added it to the wiki.

Just for the record. I experienced this problem a few hours ago:

Web rebuild
------------------------------
---------------------------------------

  Build ID:          20140216193137-53772
  Job owner:         fernape
  Buildtime:         13 hours
  Enddate:           Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:25:57 GMT

  Revision:          r23195
  Repository:        https://redports.org/changeset/23195

    Port:            lan/basic256

      Buildgroup:     9.2-RELEASE/amd64
      Buildstatus:   FINISHED

      Buildgroup:     9.2-RELEASE/i386
      Buildstatus:   FINISHED

I neved had this problem before. Did something change by any chance?

Regards.