Issues with postmaster after freebsd-update

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu Feb 13 23:39:46 UTC 2014

I was running FreeBSD 8-2 and used freebsd-update to update:

FreeBSD 8.4-RELEASE-p7 #0: Sat Jan 11 01:45:47 UTC 2014     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

the next step I was given was to run

portmaster -af

This has been a freaking nightmare.

I've managed to clear up some of the issues on my own (db41 is still installed, for example), but have no gotten to a point I can't seem tog et past:

===>>> The graphics/py-clutter port has been deleted: Has expired: Broken for more than 6 month
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Killing background jobs
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
===>>> Exiting

 # portmaster -l | grep cutt
pkg: not found
 # pkg2ng
bash: pkg2ng: command not found
 # portmaster ports-mgmt/pkg
[...]
===>  Cleaning for pkg-1.2.6
===>>> Waiting on fetch & checksum for ports-mgmt/pkg <<<===
/!\ WARNING /!\
pkg_install EOL is scheduled for 2014-09-01. Please consider migrating to pkgng
http://blogs.freebsdish.org/portmgr/2014/02/03/time-to-bid-farewell-to-the-old-pkg_-tools/
If you do not want to see this message again set NO_WARNING_PKG_INSTALL_EOL=yes in your make.conf

[...]

/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/work/pkg-1.2.6/libpkg/../external/sqlite/sqlite3.c:23598: error: 'posix_fallocate' undeclared here (not in a function)
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.

At this point, I'm well and thoroughly stuck.

--
I think it would be fun to run a newspaper.