security/ca_root_nss broken?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Feb 12 18:02:00 UTC 2014

Benjamin Lee wrote this message on Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 22:55 -0800:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:30:23 -0800, John-Mark Gurney <jmg at funkthat.com> wrote:
> > So, I had ca_root_nss installed, but for some reason the symlink never
> > got created.  Even after a force reinstall: pkg install -f ca_root_nss,
> > the symlink still didn't exist...
> >
> > Can someone look at fixing it?  I think that the symlink lines in the
> > -plist are broken and should be easy to fix, but I'm not familar w/
> > the format.
>
> The port works correctly.  You need to enable the ETCSYMLINK option:
>
> blee at eclipse ~ $ make -C /usr/ports/security/ca_root_nss showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are available for ca_root_nss-3.15.4:
>      ETCSYMLINK=on: Add symlink to /etc/ssl/cert.pem
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

Then it would be added to the pkg-plist so that when someone pkg add's
it, they are told they need to do this if they wish to enable it, or
we should make the ETCSYMLINK on by default so pkg add add's it..

Right now, if someone pkg add's it, they have no clue WHY it isn't
working...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579