poudriere and texlive, and custom make.conf

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Wed Feb 12 16:43:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:32:38 -0800 (PST)
Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bris.ac.uk> wrote:

> What is the best way to build both tetex and texlive
> packages with poudriere?
> Do I need to create 2 different jails, one with
> TEX_DEFAULT=texlive in /etc/make.conf?
> Or is this possible to achive in the same jail,
> and with both texlive and tetex in the list of
> packages to build?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anton

I would use a "SET", see poudriere(8), section "Customization" for the
hierarchy how customs make.conf-files are pulled in. To reduce
compilation time, one could first build the with-tetex set and then
copy over (or clone) all packages to the with-texlive set. All on the
same jail and ports tree. poudriere would clean up the all
tetex-dependencies and build anew with texlive.

A bit hackish, but works.

Cheers,
--
Christopher
TZ:         GMT + 1h

FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #1 r256184: Thu Oct 10 19:12:54 CEST 2013
cjr at dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd/base/stable/9/sys/GEN_WDTRACE

Punctuation matters:
"Lets eat Grandma." or "Lets eat, Grandma." - Punctuation saves lives.
"A panda eats shoots and leaves." or "A panda eats, shoots, and
leaves." - Punctuation teaches proper biology.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." (RFC 1925)