can't build gimp-help-en due to missing Sourceforge file

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:42:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:06:43 -0500
Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

> 	[I sent mail to the maintainer (cc'ed: here) but had no
> respeonse.  And there's nothing about it in UPDATING.  So ...]
>

> 	While attempting to update to the latest version I get:
>
> Copying images (en) ... 1605
> *** Making html for en ...
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl"
> compilation error: file stylesheets/plainhtml.xsl line 10 element import
> xsl:import : unable to load http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl
> gmake[1]: *** [html/en/index.html] Error 5
>
> 	Is there something I've failed to update, or even install?
> 	What's up, and how does it get fixed?

I also ran into this a week ago and not heard anything back from the maintainer.

I unchecked the OPTION for the Gimp Help manual for now so that I could
finish my update.  Now all I have to do is remember to change it back at the
appropriate time.  For the time being, I'll use the online manual (if needed).

Randy