multimedia/tvheadend fails under FreeBSD 9.2-stable

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 19:22:12 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at> wrote:

> There is definitely something wrong with your box. The ffmpeg option is on
> so there should be a dependency for ffmpeg1 but I don't see any check for it
> in your output and the confogure check for ffmpeg is also failing.

Are you saying that a port named 'ffmpeg*' should be installed?
Because on the 10.0 box (where tvheadend did install), there isn't any
ffmpeg ports installed:
root at kg-v7# uname -a
FreeBSD kg-v7.kg4.no 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu
Jan 16 22:34:59 UTC 2014
root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

root at kg-v7# cd /usr/ports/multimedia/tvheadend
root at kg-v7# make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
tvheadend-3.4.0.20130726.3_4:
     AVAHI=off: Zeroconf support via Avahi
     DVBCSA=on: Replace internal ffdecsa with dvbcsa
     FFMPEG=on: FFmpeg support (WMA, AIFF, AC3, APE...)
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

root at kg-v7# portversion -v tvh*
[Reading data from pkg(8) ... - 316 packages found - done]
tvheadend-3.4.0.20130726.3_4  =  up-to-date with port

root at kg-v7# portversion -v *ffm*
[Reading data from pkg(8) ... - 316 packages found - done]
** No matching package found: *ffm*

> So either the ports dependency on ffmpeg1 is broken or you have quite badly
> broken/misconfigured your box.

The box has been upgraded with standard tools (ie. svn, make world).
The ports on said box has also been upgraded with standard tools
(portsnap, portupgrade), including reading /usr/ports/UPDATING and
taking actions where appropriate.

So I tried
ports-mgmt/pchecker - it didn't report anything interesting
pkg_libchk (from sysutils/bsdadminscripts) - it didn't find anything interesting

Any hints on how to find out what's broken?

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen