graphics/rawtherapee: r342622 crashes on HEAD

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 10 01:06:00 UTC 2014

Am 10.02.2014 00:01, schrieb Dimitry Andric:
> On 09 Feb 2014, at 16:07, Waitman Gobble <uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com> wrote:
>> ok, so changing the Makefile for port/devel/glib20
>>
>> USES=gettext gmake iconv:wchar_t pathfix pkgconfig shebangfix perl5
>>

>> finally solves the problem with graphics/rawtherapee. The program works on
>> my FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT machine without crashing.
>>
>> (although it's not really a rawtherapee issue, it's related to glib20).
>
> So, we can cross another one off clang's list? :-)

No we can't.  Rawtherapee 4.0.12 is using GCC 4.8 exclusively:

- base clang lacks OpenMP support - and OpenMP really speeds up RT if
there are multiple processors to distribute load onto

- base clang still has the pathological compile time/RAM use issue you
filed bugs about when we were discussing Rawtherapee 4.0.11, and GCC 4.6
and 4.7 also crash with internal compiler errors.  Since 4.8 works, I
forwent filing reports because I did not intend to hunt down all those
cases and waive most of the optimizing.

If you want to see how clang fares compiling rawtherapee, use a 10.x
system, remove the USE_GCC and force OpenMP to off (unless you happen to
have an OpenMP-aware clang).