Retroshare 5.5a broken.

Peter Klett peter at netkey.at
Fri Feb 7 17:05:11 UTC 2014

Hello Richard,

Yes I know, curently the port is broken under 10 without gcc from the ports.
I have some unfinished patches to compile with clang, which will be
pushed upstream (probably).
Please be aware that RetroShare is under heavy delevopment at the moment,
there is a 0.5.5c out and the new 0.6 branch and the old 0.5.5 branch are being
merged.

I managed to compile and run RetroShare 0.5.5c under FreeBSD (9.2)
but unfortunately all the icons and graphics wouldn't be displayed/shown.

So there're a white, iconless stable version, some clang patches for that and
an upcoming dev version to be released soon

To add to all of that, I wont be able to submit a patch for the next 5 weeks
due to personal reasons.

Maybe 0.6 will be out than. And QT5 in the ports.

A quick patch would be to add
USE_GCC=any
somewhere on the top of the Makefile, which should install gcc as a dependency.