security/luasec needs bump to 0.5 - but there's no direct maintainer?

Benjamin Podszun dar at darklajid.de
Fri Feb 7 15:32:25 UTC 2014

On Friday, February 7, 2014 2:55:48 PM CEST, John Marino wrote:
> On 2/7/2014 14:43, Benjamin Podszun wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Change of mail address, new thread with a decent title (previously:
>> prosody update, which is sort of independent as far as I've confirmed so
>> far).
>>
>> With the attached patch luasec-0.5 builds & installs fine in my
>
> Hi Ben,
> One approach is to submit this patch as a PR but add a change to make
> the yourself the maintainer!  Then you're coming from a position of
> authority that the port needs bumping.  :)

Thanks. I submitted ports/186533 just now. I hope the discussion will
continue over there. Given that you're one of the guys with the freebsd.org
tag: So what are the next steps? Someone's hopefully going to chime in,
look into that PR and (if it seems acceptable) commits that patch? Just
works™ from here on?

> seriously, why not?

While I offered to adopt the port in the PR, the answer to that one is
easy:
I'm running a FreeBSD machine for less than 24h so far (if we ignore
playing with it > 6-8 years ago) and I'm not sure if I should change a
maintainer field _just yet_.. ;)

Ben